1 Injection in 1 vial
Medicine Overview of Benzylpenicillin Injection
Side effects of Benzylpenicillin Injection
Nausea, Allergic reaction, Vomiting, Diarrhoea.
How to use Benzylpenicillin Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Benzylpenicillin Injection works
Benzylpenicillin 1000000iu injection is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
In Depth Information on Benzylpenicillin Injection
Expert advice for Benzylpenicillin Injection
- It is given as an injection by doctor or nurse directly into a vein or into a muscle.
- Do not take penicillin G, if you are allergic to penicillin or other beta lactam antibiotic or diabetes.
- Do not start or continue the penicillin G, if you have a kidney, liver or heart problem.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking penicillin G and undergoing any blood or urine test, as it may affect the result.
- Do not start or continue the penicillin G, if you experience an overgrowth of yeast (candida) in the body which can lead to fungal infections or severe diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis).
- Avoid using penicillin G, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Benzylpenicillin 1000000IU Injection
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Benzylpenicillin 1000000IU Injection.
Benzylpenicillin 1000000IU Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Benzylpenicillin 1000000IU Injection is safe to use during l+more
actation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Benzylpenicillin 1000000IU Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Benzylpenicillin 1000000IU Injection should be used with cau+more
tion in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Benzylpenicillin 1000000IU Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Genticyn 80mg Injection, Acmacin 100mg Injection, Amicom 250mg Injection, Biklin 250mg Injection