Medicine Overview of Benzac AC Gel
Benzac AC 5% Gel is used in the treatment of acne
Dry skin, Erythema, Skin peeling, Burning sensation.
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
Benzac AC 5% Gel belongs to the class of medications called as keratolytic agents. It acts by killing the acne causing bacteria thereby preventing the infection. It also has peeling and drying properties.
In Depth Information on Benzac AC Gel
- This medicine is for external use only. Always wash your hands after using benzoyl peroxide.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). If any accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Benzoyl peroxide should not be applied to damaged skin.
- This product may bleach hair and colored fabrics including clothing, towels and bed linen. Be careful to avoid contact of the gel with these materials.
- Caution should be exercised when applying benzoyl peroxide to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Do not stop using benzoyl peroxide if your skin condition appears to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid using benozyl peroxide if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are using any other acne products or medicines with peeling, irritant and drying effects.
Benzac AC Gel related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Benzac AC 5% Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Benzac AC 5% Gel is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Benzac AC 5% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Benzac AC 5% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Benzac AC 5% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Benzac AC 5% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Benzac AC 5% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Benzac AC 5% Gel
Patients taking Benzac AC 5% Gel What were the side-effects while using Benzac AC 5% Gel? How do you take Benzac AC Gel? How much was the improvement? Please rate Benzac AC 5% Gel on price What are you using Benzac AC Gel for?
Keratoses (Abnormal skin growth)
Survey Participants: 15
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Benzac AC 5% Gel. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Benzac AC Gel
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide work/ is benzoyl peroxide good for skin/pimples/acne/acne marks/ acne scars/ dark spots?
Benzoyl peroxide is effective in treating acne on face, chest or back in most of the people where the skin has a lot of blackheads, spots and pimples. It can be helpful in treating acne marks, scars and dark spots
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/peel skin/bleach skin/cause redness?
Benzoyl peroxide may cause redness, peel the skin and also bleach skin and hair. It doesn't darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/ retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Benzac AC 5% Gel: DFP, MDO, LHA, RUS, SWA, GPT, THP, ZEL, SBL, KHH, BDN, ARD, UMP, ENP, ADT, JVO, SPD, JSL, KHC, MAK, EQN, ESY, HMP, NSL, NNP, SJP, WSI, OIP, GTC, 9T9, RSA, IAD, ATP, WHL, ABP, QLF, GTK, AWS, SDM, DPL, HSP, MPC, GHR, NVL, NTB, BHM, OLT, PWN, RHW, SSA, DAO, BMJ, HEX, RDR, VDH, SWP, BHS, PEN, SLN, JHC, EMB, PPR, MAX, SVH, SCH, PMA, RJH, JIV, MAM, GBL, ZPR, SHC, AMR, TNH, NAS, LMS, SRG, BAP, ZVP, PVP, RSS, MMS, UBL, BIO, HZF, DYG, SGC, DGN, HGI, VNS, KIS, RKS, VJS, CLT, PLT, DHP, FGH, AAY, TOM, AVS, INC, MDH, BGS, SHD, NDP, SAF, TRP, BBS, MAP, USF, PNT, ANT, HIP, BAL, DHR, AYM, SYN, GPP, BTM, SMN, RDH, RPP, KMC, NWP, EPS, STA, EVP, IPL, P2P, HTS, BLE, NVY, AAR, DPP, RWP, GNC, JVN, QTM, HAT, BSN, DZY, HPC, AGT, TFP, JBT, BLS, PRN, OHM, HBV, SGH, LCC, AYU, NXG, HNP, DVH, SVS, RPI, ATL, RHL, PTI, SBA, VRS, MSD, BHP, CHP, MLC, OWP