Medicine Overview of Benzac AC Gel
Side effects of Benzac AC Gel
Dry skin, Erythema, Skin peeling, Burning sensation.
How to use Benzac AC Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Benzac AC Gel works
Benzoyl peroxide belongs to the class of medications called as keratolytic agents. It acts by killing the acne causing bacteria thereby preventing the infection. It also has peeling and drying properties.
In Depth Information on Benzac AC Gel
Expert advice for Benzac AC Gel
- It is normal for your skin condition to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment, do not stop using benzoyl peroxide and consult your doctor if symptoms worsen.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Do not apply to damaged skin and exercise caution while applying to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Exercise caution if benzoyl peroxide is used as concomitant therapy to avoid irritation to skin.
- Avoid contact of benzoyl peroxide gel wash with any coloured material including hair and dyed fabrics as it may result in bleaching or discolouration.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Benzac AC 5% Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Benzac AC 5% Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Benzac AC 5% Gel is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Benzac AC 5% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Benzac AC 5% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Benzac AC 5% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Benzac AC 5% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Benzac AC 5% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Benzac AC 5% w/w Gel
Frequently asked questions for Benzoyl Peroxide Topical
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide topical darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/bleach skin?
Benzoyl peroxide topical causes bleaching of skin and hair. It does not darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid. It is a keratolytic agent with antibacterial actions
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.
User Submitted Feedback For Benzac AC 5% w/w Gel
Patients taking Benzac AC 5% Gel
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Benzac AC
No substitutes found for this medicine