food interaction for AZUNATE
alcohol interaction for AZUNATE
pregnancy interaction for AZUNATE
lactation interaction for AZUNATE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZUNATE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZUNATE
- FALCYNATE 50MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Skymax Life Science Pvt LtdRs. 30.33/tabletRs. 182pay 168% more per tablet
- FALNO FORTE 50MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Winsome Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 24.71/tabletRs. 148.28pay 119% more per tablet
- ULTERIA 50MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 24.07/tabletRs. 96.30pay 113% more per tablet
- SVIZUNATE 50MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17/tabletRs. 102pay 50% more per tablet
- RTSUNATE 50 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 21/tabletRs. 84pay 86% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for AZUNATE
- Do not start or continue the artesunate tablets and consult your doctor If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to artesunate.
- Do not start or continue the artesunate tablets and consult your doctor you are in first 3 months of pregnancy or If you are breast feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking artesunate because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions for AZUNATE
Q.Is artesunate banned in India?
No, it is available in India with doctor's prescription only
Q.What is artesunate amodiaquine/ Winthrop/artesunate injection?
These are trade names of artesunate containing products. It is used for the treatment of malaria. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Why is artesunate better than quinine?
Intramuscular or intravenous injection of artesunate has shown better treatment effects than quinine. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Does artesunate contain sulphur?
No, it does not contain sulphur
Q.How does artesunate work?
It acts by producing free radicals which kills the malarial parasite (Plasmodium)
Q.Where does artesunate come from?
It is derived from Artemisinin tree.