food interaction for AZITH
alcohol interaction for AZITH
pregnancy interaction for AZITH
lactation interaction for AZITH
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZITH
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZITH
- ZITHROCIN 100 MG ORAL LIQUID(5 ML oral liquid in bottle)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 5.19/ML of oral liquidRs. 25.96pay 230% more per ML of oral liquid
- AZILIDE 100 MG XL REDIMIX(30 ML oral liquid in bottle)Micro Labs LtdRs. 1.73/ML of oral liquidRs. 51.90pay 10% more per ML of oral liquid
- VALUE THRAL VALUE THRAL REDIMIX 100 MG(15 ML oral liquid in bottle)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 1.67/ML of oral liquidRs. 25pay 6% more per ML of oral liquid
- SWITHRO 100 MG REDIMIX(15 ML oral liquid in bottle)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 1.48/ML of oral liquidRs. 22.25save 6% more per ML of oral liquid
- XITH 100 MG ORAL LIQUID(15 ML oral liquid in bottle)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 1.52/ML of oral liquidRs. 22.86save 3% more per ML of oral liquid
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for AZITH
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for AZITH
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.