food interaction for AZITA
alcohol interaction for AZITA
pregnancy interaction for AZITA
lactation interaction for AZITA
medicine interaction for AZITA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AZITA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AZITA
- AZEE 100MG TABLET DT(3 tablet dt in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 6.33/tablet dtRs. 19pay 30% more per tablet dt
- AZIBEST 100 MG TABLET DT(3 tablet dt in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 5.83/tablet dtRs. 17.50pay 20% more per tablet dt
- LAZ 100 MG TABLET DT(3 tablet dt in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 4.73/tablet dtRs. 14.20save 3% more per tablet dt
- AZIBACT KID 100 MG TABLET DT(3 tablet dt in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.95/tablet dtRs. 17.86pay 22% more per tablet dt
- PRATHAM 100 MG TABLET DT(3 tablet dt in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.72/tablet dtRs. 17.17pay 17% more per tablet dt
Expert advice FOR AZITA
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions FOR AZITA
Q. Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q. Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q. Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.