food interaction for AZIMED(IMED)
alcohol interaction for AZIMED(IMED)
pregnancy interaction for AZIMED(IMED)
lactation interaction for AZIMED(IMED)
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZIMED(IMED)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZIMED(IMED)
- AZIMAX 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 23.73/tabletRs. 71.19save 15% more per tablet
- AZIBACT 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 18.81/tabletRs. 56.43save 33% more per tablet
- ATM 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 18.72/tabletRs. 56.16save 33% more per tablet
- ZADY 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 18.72/tabletRs. 56.16save 33% more per tablet
- LAZ 500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 18.33/tabletRs. 55save 35% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for AZIMED(IMED)
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for AZIMED(IMED)
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.