food interaction for AVERY 300MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for AVERY 300MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for AVERY 300MG TABLET
lactation interaction for AVERY 300MG TABLET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AVERY 300MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AVERY 300MG TABLET
- ZYLORIC 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.29/tabletRs. 72.87save 4% more per tablet
- CIPLORIC 300 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 6.81/tabletRs. 68.10save 11% more per tablet
- PILORIC 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 15.15/tabletRs. 151.50pay 99% more per tablet
- ZYRIK 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.40/tabletRs. 54save 29% more per tablet
- CIPROLIC 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.67/tabletRs. 56.67save 26% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Indrajit AgrawalMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
Expert advice for AVERY 300MG TABLET
- Do not start or continue allopurinol and consult your doctorif you are allergic to allopurinol
- Drink plenty of fluids wile taking this medication
- Take the drug with meals or a snack to prevent stomach upset
Frequently asked questions for AVERY 300MG TABLET
Q.Is allopurinol/Zyloric safe?
Allopurinol/Zyloric is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is allopurinol a narcotic or an antibiotic or nephrotoxic or NSAID or steroid or diuretic?
No, allopurinol belongs to a group of medicines called enzyme inhibitors. It reduces the amount of uric acid in the body by blocking one of the processes that makes it. It is used to treat gout (pain and swelling of the small joints due to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood and subsequent deposition in the joints, kidney stones, in some types of Cancer due to increase in the amount of uric acid in the body and enzyme disorders due to increase in the amount of uric acid in the body
Q.Is allopurinol generic?
Yes, allopurinol is a generic name. However, it is available in the market with different brand names
Q.Can I take allopurinol with indomethacin or naproxen or prednisone or ibuprofen or diclofenac or metformin or flucloxacillin?
No results found for any interaction of allopurinol with all these drugs,, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take allopurinol with colchicine (Colcrys)?
No. Colchicine interacts with allopurinol. Do not take colchicine with allopurinol
Q.Does allopurinol affect the liver?
Yes, allopurinol alters the liver enzyme and in rare cases it may cause jaundice (yellowish of skin and eye)
Q.Does allopurinol affect blood pressure?
Yes, allopurinol has shown low but significant effect in reducing the blood pressure
Q.Does allopurinol affect kidneys?
Allopurinol decreases C-reactive protein and slows the progression of renal disease in patients with chronic kidney disease
Q.Does allopurinol affect blood sugar?
There is no conclusive proof that it affects blood sugar
Q.Does allopurinol affect male fertility?
Yes, it may cause infertility in male
Q.Does allopurinol cause weight gain?
It may cause rapid weight gain.