food interaction for AUXITROL
alcohol interaction for AUXITROL
pregnancy interaction for AUXITROL
lactation interaction for AUXITROL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AUXITROL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for AUXITROL CAPSULE
Patients taking AUXITROL CAPSULE
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for AUXITROL
- GEMCAL CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 14.33/capsuleRs. 215pay 30% more per capsule
- OSTRIOL CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.15/capsuleRs. 51.50save 53% more per capsule
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for AUXITROL
- Do not take any other forms of Vitamin D unless your doctor suggests.
- Take calcium supplements along with Vitamin D3 as suggested by your doctor.
- Drink plenty of fluids (such as water) as it is important not to become dehydrated.
- Avoid using antacids without your doctor's advice. Some antacids can make it harder for your body to absorb calcitriol.
- Consult your doctor if you notice a metallic taste in mouth, muscle or joint pain, headache or drowziness.
Frequently asked questions for AUXITROL
Q.Is calcitriol an OTC drug?
Calcitriol is not available as OTC drug
Q.Is calcitriol a hormone, is it vitamin D and is it same as vitamin D3?
Calcitriol is a steroid hormone, a form of Vitamin D, also called Vitamin D3
Q.Is calcitriol lipid soluble?
Yes, calcitriol is lipid soluble
Q.Is calcitriol same as cholecalciferol?
Vitamin D3 has several forms: Cholecalciferol is an inactive, unhydroxylated form of vitamin D3, whereas calcitriol (also called 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3) is the active form of D3
Q.Is calcitriol a phosphate binder?
No, calcitriol is not a phosphate binder
Q.What is Bio-D3 max, Bio-D3plus?
Bio-D3 Max and Bio D3 plus are combinational drugs which contains calcitriol
Q.What is rocaltrol capsule/is it generic/ is it vitamin D3/ is it vitamin D what is rocaltrol 0.25/ what it is used for/ is it gluten free/ is it available over the counter?
Rocaltrol is a trade (brand) name for synthetic calcitriol (form of vitamin D, vitamin D3). It is available as 0.25 and 0.5 mg capsules. Rocaltrol works by making your body absorb more calcium from your diet. This helps to form healthy bones and reduce bone damage. It is gluten free. Rocaltrol is not available over the counter.