Medicine Overview of Atsure Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Hair loss, Low blood platelets, Allergic reaction, Breathlessness, Decreased white blood cell count, Increased liver enzymes, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Influenza like symptoms, Blood in urine, Skin rash, Protein in urine.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Atsure 1gm Injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Atsure Injection
- Not recommended in children or adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression).
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or feel weak and pale as this could be a sign of kidney dysfunction; unexplained new or worsening dyspnea or evidence of severe pulmonary toxicity.
- Take precautions if you are on a controlled sodium diet, as this medicine contains some amount of sodium.
- You should undergo blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with persons who receive them.
- Alcohol is an ingredient of this infusion. If you are suffering from alcoholism or epilepsy, you may have serious side effects. Other medication taken at this time may have altered effects.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies.
- They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or use machinery after taking this drug as it may cause sleepiness which may worsen with alcohol use.
Atsure Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Atsure 1gm Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Atsure 1gm Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Atsure 1gm Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Atsure 1gm Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Kidney function tests are advised before taking this medicine and regular monitoring is also recommended after the treatment.
There is limited information available on the use of Atsure 1gm Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Atsure Injection
Atsure is not a vesicant/ anthracycline/ prodrug
Yes, Atsure has hair loss and abdominal pain as side effects. Please consult your doctor immediately if you experience such side effects
Yes, Atsure is a cytotoxic chemotherapy agent
Yes, Atsure is used to treat pancreatic cancer.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Atsure 1gm Injection: BDN, GBL, KHH, TFP, ZPR, ADT, HPC, OHM, PTI, QLF, DGN, NVL, CLT, BLE, RSS, PPR, WHL, MSD, SVH, RWP, INC, NDP, P2P, MDH, AYU, RPI, BIO, RHW, VDH, SBA, MAM, MLC, BHP, ANT, DHR, SHP, BBS, SHC, ZVP, SPD, SCH, EPS, WSI, IPL, MDO, JIV, ARD, DLP, SWP, SJP, BHM, BTM, ENP, 9T9, RJH, HEX, SAF, GPP, EVP, NNH, TNH, LHA, BAP, HSP, DPL, SDM, PWN, SWA, AYM, MAX, NXG, GTC, RPP, SYN, ESY, HAT, AMR, PEN, HTS, SGC, OIP, PNT, BAL, JVN, RDH, HBV, TRP, OWP, NSL, STA, QTM, THP, EQN, PLT, AAY, ATL, HGI, AGT, TOM, SLN, GHR, UMP, JSL, SSA, DPP, FGH, GTK, MAK, OLT, RDR, PRN, VNS, JVO, MPC, HZF, AAR, ZEL, GNC, RUS, DYG, BMJ, PMA, SVS, ABP, KHC, USF, PVP, BSN, RHL, SRG, HIP, DAO, ATP, GPT, DVH, CHP, KMC, NWP, NAS, MMS, IAD, DFP, SBL, NVY, EMB, HMP, RSA, VRS, SGH, RKS, LCC, HNP, NTB, SHD