Medicine Overview of Atropine Sulphate Injection
Uses of Atropine Sulphate Injection
Side effects of Atropine Sulphate Injection
Dry mouth, Excessive thirst, Palpitations, Increased heart rate, Arrhythmia, Reduced bronchial secretions, Dry skin, Slow heart rate, Photophobia, Dilatation of pupil, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Difficulty in urination, Constipation, Loss of accommodation.
How to use Atropine Sulphate Injection
How Atropine Sulphate Injection works
In Depth Information on Atropine Sulphate Injection
Expert advice for Atropine Sulphate Injection
- Do not start or continue atropine, in any form if you are allergic to atropine or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not start or continue atropine eye drops if you wear soft contact lenses; if you have increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma); fever or increased heart rate.
- Do not start or continue atropine tablets if you have a condition called pyloric stenosis characterize with difficulty for food to move from stomach into the small intestine causing pain or vomiting; or acid reflux with heartburn (gastro-oesophageal reflux) and diarrhea.
- Avoid taking atropine if you have urinary retention, high blood pressure, any heart problem including weak heart, or high thyroid hormone level.
- Do not take this drug if you have rare hereditary problems of intolerance to done or more types of sugar (including galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.)
- Do not drink alcohol while taking atropine in any form.
- Atropine can cause visual disturbances, giddiness and staggering and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Milk secretion may decrease.
Patients should not drive or operate machinery .