food interaction for ATOREC D3
alcohol interaction for ATOREC D3
pregnancy interaction for ATOREC D3
lactation interaction for ATOREC D3
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ATOREC D3
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ATOREC D3 10MG/1000IU TABLET
Patients taking ATOREC D3 10MG/1000IU TABLET
- 88%Once A Day
- 13%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for ATOREC D3
- DAZTOR 10 MG/1000 IU TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11/tabletRs. 110pay 6% more per tablet
- TONACT D 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 10.55/tabletRs. 105.50pay 2% more per tablet
- LIPICURE D 10MG/1000IU TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.30/tabletRs. 113pay 9% more per tablet
- ASTIN D 10 MG/1000 IU TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 10.80/tabletRs. 108pay 4% more per tablet
- AVAS D 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 10.80/tabletRs. 108pay 4% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for ATOREC D3
- Consult your doctor if you feel sudden muscle pain, weakness or fever
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark colored urine or yellowing of eyes or skin
- Avoid intake of excess fat containing food, it may reduce the effectiveness of atorvastatin.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, it may interact and lead to potentially dangerous effect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have had a previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems
Frequently asked questions for ATOREC D3
Q.What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q.Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q.It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q.Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.