food interaction for ATARAX
alcohol interaction for ATARAX
pregnancy interaction for ATARAX
lactation interaction for ATARAX
medicine interaction for ATARAX
SALT INFORMATION FOR ATARAX
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ATARAX 25 MG TABLET
Patients taking ATARAX 25 MG TABLET
- 58%Once A Day
- 15%Twice A Day
- 14%Thrice A Day
- 7%Thrice A week
- 4%Four Times A Day
- 3%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ATARAX
- PRUGO 25 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 2.71/tabletRs. 40.65save 18% more per tablet
- HICOPE 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 3/tabletRs. 30save 9% more per tablet
- PRU 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2.96/tabletRs. 29.55save 10% more per tablet
- HYRAX 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Palsons DermaRs. 3/tabletRs. 30save 9% more per tablet
- HYDIL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 3/tabletRs. 30save 9% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ATARAX
- Do not start or continue the hydroxyzine tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to hydroxyzine or any of the other ingredients of hydroxyzine tablet.
- The drug can cause drowsiness or dizziness. Do not take hydroxyzine with other medicines that cause drowsiness like other antihistamines, pain or sleep medications or alcohol.
- Stop using hydroxyzine and call your doctor immediately, if you have a serious side effect such as tremors, confusion, seizures, or restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck.
- Do not use hydroxyzine without telling your doctor, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ATARAX
Q. Is hydroxyzine hydrochloride a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer /addictive?
No, it is an antihistaminic drug and not a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer/ addictive.Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is hydroxyzine a controlled substance/ over the counter (OTC)?
No, it is not controlled substance. It is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Is hydroxyzine Hcl like Xanax?
No, hydroxyzine Hcl is different from Xanax. Xanax contains the drug alprazolam.Both Xanax and hydroxyzine are used for the treatment of anxiety disorders. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take hydroxyzine for allergies/ pain/ anxiety/ cold?
Hydroxyzine is specifically used for the management of anxiety, itching due to allergies.Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. How much hydroxyzine can I take for anxiety/for sleep?
Patient should take hydroxyzine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q. Can I take hydroxyzine with Benadryl/ Nyquil/ tramadol/ Lexapro/ Ambien/ Paxil/ Percocet/ Advil/ cyclobenzaprine/ Tylenol?
Taking other medicines with hydroxyzine may alter the effects of hydroxyzine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does hydroxyzine lower blood pressure /raise blood pressure/ make you tired/ make you gain weight/ get you high/ hair loss/ drowsiness?
Hydroxyzine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon; however consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.