food interaction for ATARAX
alcohol interaction for ATARAX
pregnancy interaction for ATARAX
lactation interaction for ATARAX
SALT INFORMATION for ATARAX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ATARAX 10 MG SYRUP
Patients taking ATARAX 10 MG SYRUP
- 41%Thrice A Day
- 21%Once A Day
- 15%Alternate Day
- 9%Four Times A Day
- 9%Twice A Day
- 6%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for ATARAX
- HICOPE 10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 0.44/ML of syrupRs. 43.94save 30% more per ML of syrup
- PRUGO 10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 0.47/ML of syrupRs. 46.50save 26% more per ML of syrup
- HYRAX 10MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Palsons DermaRs. 0.44/ML of syrupRs. 44save 30% more per ML of syrup
- PRU 10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.49/ML of syrupRs. 49.50save 21% more per ML of syrup
- HYDIL 10 MG SYRUP(100 ML syrup in bottle)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 0.40/ML of syrupRs. 40save 37% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ATARAX
- Do not start or continue the hydroxyzine tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to hydroxyzine or any of the other ingredients of hydroxyzine tablet.
- The drug can cause drowsiness or dizziness. Do not take hydroxyzine with other medicines that cause drowsiness like other antihistamines, pain or sleep medications or alcohol.
- Stop using hydroxyzine and call your doctor immediately, if you have a serious side effect such as tremors, confusion, seizures, or restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck.
- Do not use hydroxyzine without telling your doctor, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for ATARAX
Q.Is hydroxyzine hydrochloride a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer /addictive?
No, it is an antihistaminic drug and not a steroid/ narcotic/ benzo/ pain killer/ addictive.Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is hydroxyzine a controlled substance/ over the counter (OTC)?
No, it is not controlled substance. It is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is hydroxyzine Hcl like Xanax?
No, hydroxyzine Hcl is different from Xanax. Xanax contains the drug alprazolam.Both Xanax and hydroxyzine are used for the treatment of anxiety disorders. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take hydroxyzine for allergies/ pain/ anxiety/ cold?
Hydroxyzine is specifically used for the management of anxiety, itching due to allergies.Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.How much hydroxyzine can I take for anxiety/for sleep?
Patient should take hydroxyzine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q.Can I take hydroxyzine with Benadryl/ Nyquil/ tramadol/ Lexapro/ Ambien/ Paxil/ Percocet/ Advil/ cyclobenzaprine/ Tylenol?
Taking other medicines with hydroxyzine may alter the effects of hydroxyzine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does hydroxyzine lower blood pressure /raise blood pressure/ make you tired/ make you gain weight/ get you high/ hair loss/ drowsiness?
Hydroxyzine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon; however consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.