food interaction for ASENAPT
alcohol interaction for ASENAPT
pregnancy interaction for ASENAPT
lactation interaction for ASENAPT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ASENAPT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ASENAPTNo substitutes found
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. T. BansalMBBS
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for ASENAPT
- Do not swallow asenapine sublingual tablet, the tablet should be placed under tongue until dissolved.
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: high body temperature and muscle stiffness (neuroleptic malignant syndrome), have had abnormal tongue or face movements (tardive dyskinesia), heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, fits (epilepsy), difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia), liver problems, have thoughts of suicide, difficulty controlling core body temperature, abnormally high blood prolactin levels (hyperprolactinemia).
- Seek immediate medical advice if you faint when you get up from a sitting or lying position, sweating or having a lowered level of consciousness (neuroleptic malignant syndrome) after taking asenapine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking asenapine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not eat or drink for 10 minutes after taking asenapine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as asenapine may cause sleepiness.
Frequently asked questions for ASENAPT
Q.Is asenapine FDA approved?
Yes, asenapine is approved by FDA
Q.Is asenapine a narcotic, or controlled substance?
Asenapine is not narcotic, controlled substance
Q.Is asenapine addictive?
Asenapine is not addictive
Q.Can I take Xanax or Benadryl with Saphris?
Xanax (alprazolam) and Benadryl when taken with Saphris (asenapine) may lead to increased side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating
Q.Does asenapine cause weight gain?
Asenapine can cause weight gain.