food interaction for ASACOL
alcohol interaction for ASACOL
pregnancy interaction for ASACOL
lactation interaction for ASACOL
medicine interaction for ASACOL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ASACOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ASACOL
- MESACOL 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.87/tabletRs. 78.71save 64% more per tablet
- INFLACOL 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.85/tabletRs. 78.50save 64% more per tablet
- WALASA 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.12/tabletRs. 71.16save 67% more per tablet
- MEZAKOOL 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70save 68% more per tablet
- MESALACURE 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80save 63% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ASACOL
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to mesalazine, to any other content in the medicine, aspirin and other salicylate drugs.
- Do not take mesalazine if you have severe kidney or liver problems, blood disorders or uncontrolled bleeding.
- Do not take mesalazine if you have stomach or bowel ulcers or a history of bleeding ulcers, glucose-galactose mala absorption, Lapp-lactase deficiency or galactose intolerance.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with liver, kidney or lung disease (asthma).
- Avoid taking mesalazine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ASACOL
Q. Is mesalazine a steroid, NSAID, immunosuppressant, blood-thinner or sulfa drug?
Mesalazine is not a steroid, NSAID, immunosuppressant, blood-thinner or sulfa drug. It is an anti-inflammatory drug
Q. Can I take mesalazine forever?
No. Mesalazine should only be taken for the duration prescribed by your doctor
Q. Is mesalazine safe?
Yes. Mesalazine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Can I take Asacol with Advil, Nyquil, tylenol, aspirin, Gaviscon, Imodium?
Asacol (mesalazine) can be taken with Nyquil, Tylenol (paracetamol), Gaviscon (sodium alginate) and Imodium (loperamide) only if prescribed by your doctor. It should not be taken with Advil (ibuprofen) or aspirin
Q. Does mesalazine cause bleeding, weight gain, hair loss, immune suppression or liver problems?
Mesalazine may cause liver problems, immune suppression, hair loss, or bleeding. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does mesalazine affect fertility or sperm count?
There is no evidence of mesalazine affecting fertility, but it may very rarely and reversibly reduce sperm count. If you experience any such problems, please consult your doctor.