food interaction for ARBITEL AV
alcohol interaction for ARBITEL AV
pregnancy interaction for ARBITEL AV
lactation interaction for ARBITEL AV
Taking Atorvastatin with alcohol may increase the risk of liver damage.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ARBITEL AV
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ARBITEL AV 40 MG/10 MG TABLET
Patients taking ARBITEL AV 40 MG/10 MG TABLET
- 95%Once A Day
- 5%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES FOR ARBITEL AV
- TELISTA PLUS 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 14.30/tabletRs. 143pay 12% more per tablet
- TEMSAN CV 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11/tabletRs. 110save 14% more per tablet
- CRESLIP 40MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 9.54/tabletRs. 95.40save 25% more per tablet
- LIPISAR 40MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.13/tabletRs. 91.35save 29% more per tablet
- TELTOR AV 40MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 9.10/tabletRs. 91save 29% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ARBITEL AV
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR ARBITEL AV
Q. Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q. Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q. Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q. Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q. What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q. Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q. It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q. Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.