Medicine Overview of Arava Tablet
Uses of Arava Tablet
Arava 10mg Tablet is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic arthritis.
Side effects of Arava Tablet
Nausea, Headache, Dyspepsia, Rash, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Respiratory tract infection.
How to use Arava Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Arava 10mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Arava Tablet works
Arava 10mg tablet blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain autoimmune diseases. It suppresses the underlying disease process, rather than simply treating the disease.
In Depth Information on Arava Tablet
Expert advice for Arava Tablet
- Do not drive or operate machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with leflunomide.
- Do not start leflunomide, if you have a kidney, liver, blood or lung problem; have low level of proteins in blood (hypoproteinemia), low level of any blood cells, or suffering from any disease with lowered immunity like tuberculosis or AIDS.
- Do not start leflunomide, if you have intolerance to some sugars because this medicine contains lactose (a type of sugar).
- Do not take leflunomide, if you are going to receive any live vaccine; or if you experience a widespread rash with blisters and peeling skin (Stevens-Johnson syndrome), widespread peeling of the superficial layers of the skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis),or drug reaction with eosinophilia and systematic symptoms (DRESS).
- Avoid using leflunomide, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Arava 10mg Tablet
Taking Leflunomide with alcohol may cause liver problems.
Arava 10mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Arava 10mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactati+more
on. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Arava 10mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Arava 1+more
0mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Troykcl 1.5gm Injection, Cerona 0.5mg Tablet, Gli 2mg Tablet, Zyvana 1mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Leflunomide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Arava 10mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Leflunomide
No, Arava is not an NSAID, blood thinner or chemotherapeutic agent. It is an immunosuppressant anti-rheumatic drug
Q. Can I take Tylenol (acetaminophen), or ibuprofen with leflunomide, or Arava?
You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen with leflunomide or Arava which is brand name of leflunomide
Q. Does Arava cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, nausea, cancer, fatigue, or weight gain?
Arava may cause weight or hair loss, bruising, high blood pressure, and nausea (urge to vomit), but it is not known to cause weight gain, fatigue or cancer
Yes, Arava is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
User Submitted Feedback For Arava 10mg Tablet
Patients taking Arava 10mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Arava Tablet
Rumalef 10mg Tablet
Lefron 10mg Tablet
Ronyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Cleft 10mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Lefno 10mg Tablet
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
Lefumide 10mg Tablet