food interaction for APREPEP
alcohol interaction for APREPEP
pregnancy interaction for APREPEP
lactation interaction for APREPEP
medicine interaction for APREPEP
SALT INFORMATION FOR APREPEP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR APREPEP
- EMPOV 125MG CAPSULE(3 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 412.70/capsuleRs. 1238.10pay 18% more per capsule
- APRECAP 125 MG CAPSULE(3 capsules in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 405/capsuleRs. 1215pay 16% more per capsule
- APRISET KIT(3 capsules in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 485.71/capsuleRs. 1457.13pay 39% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR APREPEP
- Aprepitant can only prevent nausea and vomiting and is not used for its treatment. Do not start aprepitant if you are already having nausea or vomiting.
- If you have liver disease, you may be monitored with liver function test regularly, as it may affect the breakdown of this medicine in your body.
- You are advised to use another or additional non-hormonal form of birth control method during and after up to 2 months of using aprepitant, as certain hormonal birth control [e.g. birth control pills, skin patches, implants, and certain intrauterine devices (IUDs)] may not work adequately when taken along with aprepitant.
- Do not drive or use machinery while taking Aprepitant as it may make you feel dizzy and sleepy.
Frequently asked questions FOR APREPEP
Q. What are aprepitant capsules/ what is aprepitant used for?
Aprepitant is used in adults in combination with other medicines to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy (cancer treatment) or in some cases after a surgery
Q. How does aprepitant work?
Aprepitant is an antiemetic that works by blocking the action of neurokinin, a natural substance in the brain that causes nausea and vomiting.