food interaction for APRECAP
alcohol interaction for APRECAP
pregnancy interaction for APRECAP
lactation interaction for APRECAP
SALT INFORMATION for APRECAP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for APRECAP
- EMPOV 125MG CAPSULE(3 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 412.70/capsuleRs. 1238.10pay 2% more per capsule
- APRISET KIT(3 capsules in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 485.71/capsuleRs. 1457.13pay 20% more per capsule
- APREPEP 125 MG CAPSULE(3 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 349.67/capsuleRs. 1049save 14% more per capsule
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for APRECAP
- Aprepitant can only prevent nausea and vomiting and is not used for its treatment. Do not start aprepitant if you are already having nausea or vomiting.
- If you have liver disease, you may be monitored with liver function test regularly, as it may affect the breakdown of this medicine in your body.
- You are advised to use another or additional non-hormonal form of birth control method during and after up to 2 months of using aprepitant, as certain hormonal birth control [e.g. birth control pills, skin patches, implants, and certain intrauterine devices (IUDs)] may not work adequately when taken along with aprepitant.
- Do not drive or use machinery while taking Aprepitant as it may make you feel dizzy and sleepy.
Frequently asked questions for APRECAP
Q.What are aprepitant capsules/ what is aprepitant used for?
Aprepitant is used in adults in combination with other medicines to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy (cancer treatment) or in some cases after a surgery
Q.How does aprepitant work?
Aprepitant is an antiemetic that works by blocking the action of neurokinin, a natural substance in the brain that causes nausea and vomiting.