food interaction for ANXOZAP
alcohol interaction for ANXOZAP
pregnancy interaction for ANXOZAP
lactation interaction for ANXOZAP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ANXOZAP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ANXOZAPNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for ANXOZAP
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Oxazepam may be addictive, so take it as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not discontinue the use of Oxazepam, unless the doctor has advised you. Discontinuation may cause withdrawal symptoms, which may include seizures.
- Oxazepam may cause memory problems, drowsiness, confusion, especially in elderly patients.
- Most people may find that it gets less effective over time.
- Avoid driving after taking Oxazepam as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Oxazepam, it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for ANXOZAP
Q.Is oxazepam a benzodiazepine or a narcotic?
Oxazepam belongs to benzodiazepine group of medicines and it is not a narcotic
Q.Is oxazepam addictive?
Yes, oxazepam is addictive. If used more than 4 weeks without a break, there is a risk of becomingdependent or of having problems when you stop taking
Q.Is oxazepam a metabolite of diazepam/clonazepam?
Yes, oxazepam is a metabolite of diazepam but not of clonazepam
Q.Can I take oxazepam with mirtazapine/ Zoloft/ tramadol/ diazepam/ antibiotics?
Oxazepam may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions
Q.Is oxazepam the same as valium/Xanax?
Oxazepam and valium/Xanax, all belong to same class of medicines called benzodiazepines, and have similar effect on brain. However, consult your doctor for specific indications of each medicine
Q.Does oxazepam lower blood pressure/ cause weight loss or weight gain / make you sleepy/ get you high/ cause diarrhea?
Oxazepam may cause these side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment with oxazepam.