food interaction for ANGIZEM DP
alcohol interaction for ANGIZEM DP
pregnancy interaction for ANGIZEM DP
lactation interaction for ANGIZEM DP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ANGIZEM DP
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ANGIZEM DP 90 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking ANGIZEM DP 90 MG CAPSULE
- 77%Once A Day
- 21%Twice A Day
- 2%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for ANGIZEM DP
- DILZEM CD 90 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.36/capsuleRs. 93.55save 13% more per capsule
- ANGIZEM CD 90 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.70/capsuleRs. 107same price
- DZ CD 90 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sunij Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 5.76/capsuleRs. 57.57save 46% more per capsule
- KAIZEM CD 90 MG CAPSULE(7 capsules in strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 9.03/capsuleRs. 63.20save 16% more per capsule
- ICIDIL CD 90 MG CAPSULE(7 capsules in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 8.14/capsuleRs. 57save 24% more per capsule
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ANGIZEM DP
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Diltiazem can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Diltiazem can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Diltiazem. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Diltiazem may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions for ANGIZEM DP
Q.Is diltiazem a betablocker/ace inhibitor/ statin/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor?
No, diltiazem belongs to class of medication called as calcium channel blockers
Q.Is diltiazem and Cardizem same?
Yes, diltiazem is generic name and cardiazem is brand name
Q.Is diltiazem a generic drug?
Yes, diltiazem is the generic name of the drug
Q.Is diltiazem narcotic?
No, however, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does diltiazem cause headache/nausea/diahhrea/bruising/reflex tachycardia/slow heart rate/sleepiness?
Diltiazem can cause headache/nausea/diahhrea. Always consult your doctor regarding its side effects
Q.Can I take diltiazem with ibuprofen/Xanan/metoprolol/ Tylenol/Viagra/Advil (ibuprofen)?
No observed drug interaction occurs with these drugs. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.