food interaction for AMIPACE
alcohol interaction for AMIPACE
pregnancy interaction for AMIPACE
lactation interaction for AMIPACE
Avoid Amipace 100 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMIPACE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for AMIPACE 100 MG TABLET
Patients taking AMIPACE 100 MG TABLET
- 83%Once A Day
- 17%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for AMIPACE
- CORDARONE 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 5.56/tabletRs. 55.65same price
- TACHYRA 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.15/tabletRs. 51.52save 7% more per tablet
- AMIODAR 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 7.56/tabletRs. 75.60pay 36% more per tablet
- RITEBEAT 100 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.55/tabletRs. 75.50pay 36% more per tablet
- EURYTHMIC 100MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.45/tabletRs. 74.50pay 34% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for AMIPACE
- Do not start or continue amiodarone if you have signs of an allergic reaction like a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
- Do not take amiodarone if you have a slower than usual heartbeat (called sinus bradycardia) or an illness which causes irregular heartbeats called ‘sino-atrial’ heart block; have or any other problems with your heartbeat and do not have a pacemaker fitted.
- Do not take amiodarone if you have thyroid problem, severe breathing problems, serious blood circulation problems, low blood pressure, weak heart (cardiomyopathy) or heart failure.
- Avoid using amiodarone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for AMIPACE
Q.Is amiodarone a beta blocker or an ace inhibitor or a diuretic or an inotrope?
No. Amiodarone is belongs to a group of drugs called antiarrhythmics. It works by relaxing overactive heart muscles
Q.Is amiodarone rich in iodine?
Yes. Amiodarone contains iodine
Q.Is amiodarone safe or is amiodarone safe to take?
Amiodarone is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is amiodarone dangerous?
It can be dangerous if taken in inappropriate doses
Q.Is amiodarone dialyzed?
Yes, amiodarone is dialyzed
Q.Can I take amiodarone with Viagra(sildenafil) or Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen or Benadryl (diphenhydramine)?
Drugs like Viagra(sildenafil), Tylenol (acetaminophen), ibuprofen or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can increase the side-effects of amiodarone, and vice verca. Please consult your doctor before taking amiodarone with any other drug
Q.Does amiodarone lower blood pressure or cause dizziness?
Yes, it causes low blood pressure, dizziness
Q.Does it causes constipation?
Yes, it causes constipation
Q.Does amiodarone affects the heart rate or does it cause prolonged Qt interval?
Amiodarone is an antiarrhythmic agent known to cause prolongation of QT interval and controls the heart rate
Q.Does amiodarone stimulate T4 receptors?
No, amiodarone does not stimulate T4 receptors directly
Q.Does amiodarone cause swelling?
Amiodarone can cause swelling due to allergic reaction.