food interaction for AMICIN
alcohol interaction for AMICIN
pregnancy interaction for AMICIN
lactation interaction for AMICIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMICIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AMICIN
- MIKACIN 500 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 38.85/ML of injectionRs. 77.70pay 1% more per ML of injection
- MACMIKA 500MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 35.90/ML of injectionRs. 71.80save 7% more per ML of injection
- OMNIKACIN 500 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 50/ML of injectionRs. 100pay 30% more per ML of injection
- AMITAX 500 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 33.25/ML of injectionRs. 66.50save 14% more per ML of injection
- MIKASTAR 500 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 26.68/ML of injectionRs. 53.35save 31% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for AMICIN
- If you have a kidney problem, or hearing difficulties or tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for AMICIN
Q.Is amikacin sulfa, penicillin or an aminoglycoside drug?
Amikacin does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a semisynthetic aminoglycoside
Q.Is amikacin dialyzable?
Yes, amikacin is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is amikacin ototoxic?
Yes, amikacin is ototoxic
Q.Is its injection painful?
Its injection is painful. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Does amikacin need to be refrigerated?
Amikacin should be stored at or below 25°C. It should not be frozen
Q.What organisms does amikacin cover?
Amikacin is mainly effective against aerobic gram-negative bacteria such as pseudomonas as well as some gram-positive bacteria such as staphylococcus including methicillin-resistant strains but it is not the drug of choice for infections due to staphylococcus bacteria.