food interaction for AMDEPIN H
alcohol interaction for AMDEPIN H
pregnancy interaction for AMDEPIN H
lactation interaction for AMDEPIN H
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AMDEPIN H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AMDEPIN H
- AMLOVAS H 5MG/12.5MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.67/tabletRs. 70pay 61% more per tablet
- STAMLO D TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 4.95/tabletRs. 49.45pay 71% more per tablet
- AMLOKIND-H TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 2.18/tabletRs. 21.78save 25% more per tablet
- AMLONG H 5 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 5.93/tabletRs. 89pay 105% more per tablet
- AMLODAC-H TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.78/tabletRs. 47.80pay 65% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR AMDEPIN H
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions FOR AMDEPIN H
Q. Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q. Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q. Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q. What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.
Q. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.