food interaction for AMBULAX ET HD
alcohol interaction for AMBULAX ET HD
pregnancy interaction for AMBULAX ET HD
lactation interaction for AMBULAX ET HD
Taking Hydrochlorothiazide with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMBULAX ET HD
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AMBULAX ET HDNo substitutes found
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for AMBULAX ET HD
- Propranolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Propranolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Propranolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Propranolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions for AMBULAX ET HD
Q.What is betacap tr, inderal, and ciplar?
These are various brand (proprietary) names for propranolol medicine. Propranolol is a beta blocker drug which works to correct the heart rhythm
Q.Is propranolol safe?
Propranolol belongs to beta blocker class and works on heart rhythm so caution has to be observed before usage. Always ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking propranolol. Propranolol is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is propranolol addictive?
No. Propranolol doesn’t seem to have habit forming potential
Q.Is propranolol MAO inhibitor or a statin?
No. Propranolol belongs to a medical class called beta blockers and works to correct abnormal heart rhythm along with other uses
Q.Is propranolol safe for long term use?
Yes, it can be used for long term based on indication
Q.Is propranolol available over the counter?
No. Propranolol is available only when a valid prescription is produced
Q.Is propranolol used to treat anxiety?
Yes. Propranolol can be used to mitigate tremors associated with the anxiety
Q.Is propranolol used for migraines?
In certain situations, propranolol has proved to be effective in preventing migraine attacks but additional data is required to support this usage.
Q.Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.