food interaction for AMBRODIL XP
alcohol interaction for AMBRODIL XP
pregnancy interaction for AMBRODIL XP
lactation interaction for AMBRODIL XP
SALT INFORMATION for AMBRODIL XP
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for AMBRODIL XP 50 MG/5ML SYRUP
Patients taking AMBRODIL XP 50 MG/5ML SYRUP
- 90%Twice A Day
- 10%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for AMBRODIL XPNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for AMBRODIL XP
- Acebrophylline should be preferably taken after meals to avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Inform your doctor if you are on therapy with other medications such as frusimide, reserpine, barbiturates or phenytoin.
- Inform your doctor if you have any nervous system disorders like epilepsy and are taking any therapy for the same.
- Inform your doctor if you are a smoker.
- Inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for AMBRODIL XP
Q.What is acebrophylline used for?
Acebrophylline is used to treat symptoms of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It blocks the intracellular enzyme (phosphodiesterases) followed by increase in level of messenger known as cyclic adenosine monophosphate, which promotes relaxation of bronchial muscles
Q.How does it work?
It inhibits the release of certain inflammatory chemicals (leukotrienes, tumor necrosis factor etc) in the lung thereby preventing inflammation in the lung. It also reduces thickness of the mucus thus making it easy for the patient to clear the mucus load
Q.Is acebrophylline an antibiotic or steroid?
No. Acebrophylline is not an antibiotic or steroid
Q.What is acebrophylline capsule?
Acebrophylline is available in capsule dosage form for the treatment of adults suffering from bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.