food interaction for AMAXIME
alcohol interaction for AMAXIME
pregnancy interaction for AMAXIME
lactation interaction for AMAXIME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMAXIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AMAXIME
- CEFOLAC 100MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.09/ML of syrupRs. 62.68pay 15% more per ML of syrup
- CEFSPAN 100 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.41/ML of syrupRs. 42.21save 22% more per ML of syrup
- PANCEF O 100 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Aglowmed Drugs Pvt. Ltd.Rs. 2.08/ML of syrupRs. 62.55pay 15% more per ML of syrup
- ZIPRAX 100 MG SYRUP(60 ML syrup in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 1.18/ML of syrupRs. 71save 35% more per ML of syrup
- SPAN LB 100MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Siesta PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.57/ML of syrupRs. 47.06save 13% more per ML of syrup
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for AMAXIME
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for AMAXIME
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.