food interaction for AMARYL
alcohol interaction for AMARYL
pregnancy interaction for AMARYL
lactation interaction for AMARYL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMARYL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for AMARYL 4 MG TABLET
Patients taking AMARYL 4 MG TABLET
- 53%Once A Day
- 47%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for AMARYL
- GP 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 11.77/tabletRs. 117.72save 11% more per tablet
- GLADOR 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66save 50% more per tablet
- ZORYL 4 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.83/tabletRs. 192.50save 3% more per tablet
- GLIMY 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 13.40/tabletRs. 134pay 1% more per tablet
- AZULIX 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.70/tabletRs. 127save 4% more per tablet
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for AMARYL
- Take glimepiride just before or with the first main meal of the day.
- Do not skip any meal while taking glimepiride.
- Swallow the glimepiride tablet without crushing or chewing with at least half a glass of water.
- Do not take glimepiride if you are allergic to glimepiride, other sulfonylureas, sulfonamides
- Glimepiride tablets should not be given to children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Frequently asked questions for AMARYL
Q.Is glimepiride a generic drug?
Yes, glimepiride is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Amaryl, Zoryl, etc.)
Q.Can I take glimepiride with metformin or insulin?
Glimepiride may be given in combination with metformin and/or insulin depending on your medical condition and as prescribed by the doctor
Q.Does glimepiride cause fluctuations in weight,diarrhea, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, swelling, constipation?
Glimepiride is reported to cause low blood sugar level,weight gain, and swelling, but is not reported to cause diarrhea, constipation, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction
Q.Is glimepiride a fast acting sulfa drug?
Glimepiride is a medium- to long-acting sulfonylurea drug against type 2 diabetes mellitus (action lasts for 24 hours). Its maximum effect is seen after 2-3 hours of drug intake
Q.Is glimepiride same as glipizide, glyburide, metformin, or insulin?
They are not same. Glimepiride, glipizide and glyburide belong to the same class of drugs called sulfonylureas. Metformin belong to class called biguanides.Glimepiride causes release of insulin but it is not insulin.It should only be used if no other alternative drug is available. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.