food interaction for AMANTREL
alcohol interaction for AMANTREL
pregnancy interaction for AMANTREL
lactation interaction for AMANTREL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AMANTREL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for AMANTREL 100 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking AMANTREL 100 MG CAPSULE
- 55%Twice A Day
- 29%Once A Day
- 14%Thrice A Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for AMANTRELNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for AMANTREL
- Do not take amantadine, if you have fits (epilepsy); heart failure resulting in fluid build-up in the lungs, other body tissues or both (congestive heart failure); kidney or liver problems.
- Avoid using amantadine, if you have ulcers in stomach or intestine; low blood pressure that may cause fainting; itchy skin rashes (eczema).
- Do not take amantadine, if you have visual problems due to increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma); history of mental problems including attempting suicide, confusion, seeing or hearing things that are not really there (hallucinations).
- Avoid using amantadine, if you are addicted to any drug or alcohol.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on treatment with amantadine.
- Do not stop taking amantadine abruptly without consulting your doctor. It may cause worsening of Parkinson’s disease.
- Do not stop taking amantadine abruptly without consulting your doctor if you are concurrently receiving medications for psychiatric problems (neuroleptics).
- Use of amantadine may cause drowsiness, dizziness, fainting or blurring of vision that may affect your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines till you feel better.
- Do consult your doctor before taking amantadine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for AMANTREL
Q.Is amantadine an MAOI or an anticholinergic or an antibiotic or narcotic or stimulant or a dopamine agonist?
Amantadine is not a MAOI or an anticholinergic or an antibiotic or narcotic or stimulant. It is an antiviral drug
Q.Is amantadine available over the counter (OTC)?
No, it is not available as OTC drug, consult your doctor before taking amantadine
Q.Is amantadine like Adderall?
No, amantadine is different than Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine). Adderall is a psychostimulant
Q.Is amantadine a stimulant?
No, amantadine is not a stimulant
Q.Can I take ibuprofen (Advil) with amantadine?
Ibuprofen (Advil) and amantadine should not to be taken together as they interact with each other. Please consult your doctor before taking other medicines along with amantadine
Q.Can I take dextromethorphan (Dayquil) with amantadine?
No results found for any interaction of dextromethorphan (Dayquil) with amantadine, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Does amantadine help fatigue?
Amantadine is sometimes effective in relieving fatigue in multiple sclerosis (a demyelinating disease marked by patches of hardened tissue in the brain or the spinal cord and associated especially with partial or complete paralysis and jerking muscle tremor)
Q.Does amantadine increase dopamine?
Yes, amantadine is a dopaminergic drug, so it increases dopamine
Q.Does amantadine work?
Amantadine is a dopaminergic drug and an antiviral. If used to prevent viral infection it works by preventing the virus from reproducing, and in Parkinson's disease it works by restoring the chemical balance between dopamine and acetylcholine (neuro-transmitters) in the brain
Q.Does amantadine get you high/ hair loss / weight gain/ make you sleepy/ constipation/ high blood pressure?
Amantadine has a common side effect of causing sleepiness. However, it is not known to cause constipation, high blood pressure, weight gain. If you experience such side effects, please consult your doctor.