food interaction for ALPOSTIN
alcohol interaction for ALPOSTIN
pregnancy interaction for ALPOSTIN
lactation interaction for ALPOSTIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ALPOSTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ALPOSTIN
- BIOGLANDIN 500MCG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 5850/injectionRs. 5850save 8% more per injection
Expert advice FOR ALPOSTIN
- Alprostadil is either injected into the penis or used as a urethral suppository (pellet to be placed into the urinary opening of the penis) to produce an erection before a sexual intercourse. Consult your doctor regarding administration of alprostadil.
- Do not use more than one dose of alprostadil in a 24-hour period.
- If you experience an erection that lasts for > 4 hours, consult your doctor immediately, as it can lead to permanent sexual problems such as impotence.
- Alprostadil will not protect you or your partner from sexually transmitted diseases (e.g. AIDS) or blood-borne diseases (eg, hepatitis B). Take necessary precautions to prevent such infections.
- Alprostadil will not protect your partner from pregnancy. Use a reliable and appropriate contraceptive.
- You will need to have regular check-ups with your doctor while you are using alprostadil.
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks as alprostadil may cause dizziness.
- Do not drink alcohol as it worsens the side effects of alprostadil.
- Tell your doctor if your partner is pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ALPOSTIN
Q. What is alprostadil used for/ what is alprostadil injection?
Alprostadil is used in adult males to treat erectile dysfunction including weak erections or impotence. It may also be used in diagnosis of erectile dysfunction
Q. Is alprostadil safe/ why does alprostadil cause apnea?
Alprostadil is safe if used at recommended dosage and duration. Apnea is not reported as side effect when used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Always consult your doctor before its use
Q. How effective is alprostadil/ does alprostadil work/ does alprostadil gel work?
Alprostadil is effective if used at recommended dosage and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. How is alprostadil administered?
Alprostadil is either injected into the penis or used as a urethral suppository (pellet to be placed into the urinary opening of the penis). Consult your doctor regarding administration of alprostadi
Q. How is alprostadil stored?
Alprostadil injections (with suspensions) can be stored below or at 25°C for 24 hrs. Urethral stick in unopened pouches is stored in a refrigerator (2-8oC). Prior to use you may remove them from the refrigerator and store them at room temperature (not above 30oC) for a maximum of 14 days.