Medicine Overview of Alphalan Tablet
Side Effects of Alphalan are Nausea, Vomiting, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Hair loss, Low blood platelets, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Alphalan Tablet
- Melphalan to be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Drink at least two to three quarts of fluid every 24 hours, unless you are instructed otherwise.
- You may be at risk of infection so try to avoid contact with people with cold, fever or any other signs of infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight. Use sunscreen lotion and protective clothing.
- You may be monitored periodically for complete blood counts (at least one determination prior to each treatment course) during the course of treatment.
- Melphalan may increase the risk that you will develop other cancers. Talk with your doctor about the risks of taking melphalan.
- Do not take live vaccines if you are an immunocompromised patient.
- Use of melphalan is not recommended in children.
- Use with melphalan extreme caution if your bone marrow reserve have been compromised by prior irradiation or chemotherapy, or if your marrow function is recovering from previous cytotoxic therapy.
- Use appropriate contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy during melphalan treatment.
Alphalan Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
It is not known whether Alphalan 5 mg Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Alphalan 5 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Alphalan 5 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Alphalan 5 mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Alphalan 5 mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Alphalan Tablet
Q. Is Alphalan a vesicant (irritant)?
Alphalan is not a vesicant but an anti-cancer drug
Q. How is Alphalan given?
Alphalan is given by oral or intravenous route; dosing varies by purpose and route of administration as well as patient weight
Q. Does Alphalan cause hair loss/ neuropathy/ liver damage?
Alphalan causes hair loss as one of the side effects. but cause for liver damage and neuropathy is not known
Q. How does Alphalan work/ how does Alphalan kill cancer cells?
Alphalan belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Alphalan 5mg Tablet: NTB, VSL, OBS, STA, EMB, GLM, BJP, AAY, HZF, IPL, QLF, AMR, AYM, GPT, NXG, HGI, SGH, RDR, KIS, KLC, PTI, MSD, VSC, ENP, TRP, HSM, VHP, BGS, 9MM, GTC, CMC, FRM, YMI, SBL, DHP, NTL, BSN, ATL, BLS, BHP, HTS, BNT, WAD, RPP, HNP, ESY, PMA, 1MH, OHM, ASP, VJS, NVL, SWA, MAP, SSI, EAN, EPS, DPL, BTM, RSA, ADT, USF, VNS, ANP, BMJ, PRN, AYN, LCC, SMS, KNH, BDN, DVH, DPP, KMC, SCH, RUS, CRN, DYL, SHD, SHC, DFP, MDH, JVN, GTK, HWI, DGN, SWT, SVH, AVS, MLC, GHR, BHS, DHR, AMH, WHL, UMP, SDE, AVL, SSA, SYN, PTP, OWP, SLN, RGH, SBA, DYG, XMX, HMP, DLP, PNT, KHH, GPP, JJE, MPC, NDP, THP, GEO, BHA, NAS, PRL, BAP, HPP, INC, PHC, OLT, AWS, MMS, LHP, WPL, QTM, PHN, MAX, JHC, MAM, JSL, LMS, AXM, MAK, AAR, BLP, SVS, HPC, RDH, ZVP, BBN, RHW, GDA, HBV, ABP, JVO, SWP, PPR, RSS, GMA, TSS, ALC, DRA, RKS, NNP, NVY, IAD, PWN, LHA, SPD, IMC, HIP, MKT, JBT, SJP, OIP, VTR, NEO, SAF, VDH, VRS, PLT, DZY, ARD, EEC, AVB, GLD, ANT, CHP, BHM, SDM, GNC, RPI, UHP, SNH, NNH, JIV, HSP, SCP, BDI, CLT, MKS, WSI, RHL, TAT, RWP, GBL, BIO, HEX, ATP, 4IT, VOP, PRC, DAO, HLT, SRG, SSS, AFT, CPK, HCP, SMN, BLE, PVP, MBP, AGT, APS, ZEL, PRT, BBS, BAL, TOM, UVD, NSL, ZPR, KHC, EQN, BRC, MDO, FGH, HAT, SNG, SGC, KHD, BNA, AYU, STS