food interaction for ALBALON
alcohol interaction for ALBALON
pregnancy interaction for ALBALON
lactation interaction for ALBALON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ALBALON
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ALBALON 0.5MG EYE DROPS
Patients taking ALBALON 0.5MG EYE DROPS
- 67%Once A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ALBALONNo substitutes found
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for ALBALON
- Remove soft lenses from your eyes before instilling ketotifen eye drop and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting lenses.
- Keep a gap of at least 5 min before applying some other medicinal product.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machineries as Ketotifen may cause blurred vision or drowsiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on ketotifen treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines for depression or allergy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ALBALON
Q.Is ketotifen available over the counter?
Ketotifen eye drops are available over the counter. Ketotifen tablets and syrups are available only with doctor's prescription
Q.Is ketotifen legal?
Ketotifen is legal and available worldwide in many countries
Q.Is ketotifen a steroid?
Ketotifen is not a steroid
Q.Is ketotifen an antihistamine?
It is an antihistaminic drug
Q.Is ketotifen addictive?
Ketotifen is not addictive
Q.Is ketotifen safe?
Ketotifen is safe if taken as prescribed. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does ketotifen cause weight gain, make you sleepy, or drowsy?
Ketotifen can cause weight gain, can make you sleepy and drowsy
Q.How long does ketotifen take to work?
Ketotifen oral (tablet or syrup) takes about 2-4 hours to work and lasts up to 22 hours
Q.How long does ketotifen last?
Generally ketotifen eye drop takes 15 min to work and lasts up to 5-8 hours.