Medicine Overview of Agoprex Tablet
Uses of Agoprex Tablet
Agoprex 25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of depression.
Side effects of Agoprex Tablet
Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Anxiety, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Back pain, Abdominal pain, Change in body weight, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Sleepiness, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Agoprex Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Agoprex 25mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Agoprex Tablet works
Agoprex 25mg tablet works by a resynchronizing sleep-wake cycle that is disturbed in depression.
In Depth Information on Agoprex Tablet
Expert advice for Agoprex Tablet
- Consult your doctor if you are taking medicines known to affect the liver, are obese or overweight, or have diabetes.
- Consult your doctor before starting treatment if you have experienced periods of abnormally high excitability and emotions (bipolar disorder, mania or hypomania).
- You may need regular tests to monitor your liver and kidney function.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever had suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself.
- Caution has to be taken before you drive or operate machinery or engage in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination as agomelatine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drink alcohol while receiving agomelatine treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
Special precautions for Agoprex 25mg Tablet
Taking Agomelatine with alcohol is not advisable.
Agoprex 25mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Agoprex 25mg Table+more
t during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Agoprex 25mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Agoprex 25mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Agoprex 25mg Tablet is recommended.+more
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease....
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Agoprex 25mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients wi+more
th liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Agomelatine, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Agoprex 25mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Agomelatine
No, Agoprex belongs to class of medication called as melatonergic antidepressants
No, please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Yes, it may cause an increase or decrease in weight.
User Submitted Feedback For Agoprex 25mg Tablet
Patients taking Agoprex 25mg Tablet
Once A Day
Thrice A week
Twice A Day
Four Times A Day
Substitutes for Agoprex Tablet
Noveltin 25mg Tablet
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd