food interaction for AFDIEX
alcohol interaction for AFDIEX
pregnancy interaction for AFDIEX
lactation interaction for AFDIEX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AFDIEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AFDIEX
- DAONIL 2.5 MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.11/tabletRs. 66.66pay 318% more per tablet
- SEMI DAONIL 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.56/tabletRs. 5.56pay 109% more per tablet
- SEMI EUGLUCON 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.52/tabletRs. 5.20pay 95% more per tablet
- GLYBOVIN 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.33/tabletRs. 3.25pay 22% more per tablet
- GLUNIL 2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medo PharmaRs. 0.35/tabletRs. 3.53pay 33% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for AFDIEX
- If you are allergic to glibenclamide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have had impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD).
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for AFDIEX
Q.Is glibenclamide/Daonil/Euglucon same as glyburide?
Yes. Daonil/ Euglucon are the trade names for the active substance (generic) glibenclamide/ glyburide; thus, they all are same
Q.Is glibenclamide same as glipizide?
No. Glibenclamide and glipizide are different medicines; however, they belong to same family of drugs called sulfonylureas
Q.Why is glibenclamide avoided in the elderly?
Glibenclamide should be avoided in elderly patients because they are at high risk of getting low blood sugar (hypoglycemic event)
Q.What is glibenclamide/Daonil/ Euglucon used for?
Glibenclamide/Daonil/ Euglucon is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Q.Does Daonil/ glibenclamide cause weight gain/ weight loss?
Yes Daonil/ glibenclamide are known to cause weight gain but not weight loss. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.