food interaction for AFDIEX
alcohol interaction for AFDIEX
pregnancy interaction for AFDIEX
lactation interaction for AFDIEX
medicine interaction for AFDIEX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AFDIEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AFDIEX
- DAONIL 2.5 MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.11/tabletRs. 66.66pay 318% more per tablet
- SEMI DAONIL 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.56/tabletRs. 5.56pay 109% more per tablet
- SEMI-EUGLUCON 2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.52/tabletRs. 5.20pay 95% more per tablet
- GLYBOVIN 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.33/tabletRs. 3.25pay 22% more per tablet
- GLUCOSAFE 2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 0.27/tabletRs. 2.66same price
Expert advice FOR AFDIEX
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Glibenclamide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions FOR AFDIEX
Q. Is glibenclamide/Daonil/Euglucon same as glyburide?
Yes. Daonil/ Euglucon are the trade names for the active substance (generic) glibenclamide/ glyburide; thus, they all are same
Q. Is glibenclamide same as glipizide?
No. Glibenclamide and glipizide are different medicines; however, they belong to same family of drugs called sulfonylureas
Q. Why is glibenclamide avoided in the elderly?
Glibenclamide should be avoided in elderly patients because they are at high risk of getting low blood sugar (hypoglycemic event)
Q. What is glibenclamide/Daonil/ Euglucon used for?
Glibenclamide/Daonil/ Euglucon is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Q. Does Daonil/ glibenclamide cause weight gain/ weight loss?
Yes Daonil/ glibenclamide are known to cause weight gain but not weight loss. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.