10 tablet dr in 1 strip
Medicine Overview of ADILIP TABLET DR
Side effects of ADILIP TABLET DR
Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Vomiting, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea.
How to use ADILIP TABLET DR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Adilip 135mg tablet dr with food.
How ADILIP TABLET DR works
Adilip 135mg tablet dr stimulates the formation of enzymes for triglyceride metabolism, which in turn lowers the levels of triglyceride and cholesterol in the body.
In Depth Information on ADILIP TABLET DR
Expert advice for ADILIP TABLET DR
- If you also take medicines such as cholestyramine or colestipol; make sure to take them at least 1 hour after or 4 hours before taking fenofibrate.
- Consult your doctor, if you have diseases such as diabetes, hyperthyroidism, kidney or liver ailments.
- Do not take fenofibrate, if you are allergic to it or to any other ingredient in the medicine (lactose).
- Do not take finofibrate, if you are sensitive to sunlight.
- Do not take the medicine, if you are suffering from severe liver, kidney or pancreatic ailments (gall bladder disease, biliary cirrhosis, pancreatitis); if you have muscular disorders, large amount of protein in urine, water retention in the body (nephrotic syndrome), decreased albumin in the blood (hypoalbuminaemia) or poorly controlled diabetes mellitus.
- Do not take the medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Special precautions for ADILIP 135MG TABLET DR
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Adilip 135mg tablet dr may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Adilip 135mg tablet dr is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
Avoid use in patients with mild or moderate renal impairment+more
. Contraindicated in severe renal impairment....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
GLI 2MG TABLET, LIPICURE 10MG TABLET, ATORLIP 20MG TABLET, CYBLEX 30MG TABLET XR
If you miss a dose of Fenofibrate, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for ADILIP 135MG TABLET DR
Frequently asked questions for Fenofibrate
Q. Is fenofibrate the same as Lipitor?
Fenofibrate is a drug belonging to a different class of drugs called “Fibrates”, whereas Lipitor (atorvastatin) belongs to the “Statin” class. Both the medicines act by different mechanisms
Q. Does fenofibrate cause erectile dysfunction, weight gain or memory loss?
Fenofibrate may rarely cause sexual weakness in patients. It does not cause weight gain and memory loss. Consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take fenofibrate with Lipitor, ibuprofen, niacin, Nyquil or crestor?
Taking fenofibrate with drugs from the statin class (e.g. Atorvastatin or Lipitor; rosuvastatin or crestor) may cause muscle breakdown. There is no significant drug interaction with ibuprofen, niacin or Nyquil. However, always consult your doctor before use
Q. What is fenofibrate?
Fenofibrate belongs to a class of drugs called as fibrates or fibric acid derivatives. It is different from statins, blood thinners, diuretic and nitrate
Q. Is fenofibrate generic?
Yes, fenofibrate is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (TriCor, Antara, Lofibra, Stanlip, Lipicard etc.).
User Submitted Feedback For ADILIP 135MG TABLET DR
Patients taking ADILIP 135MG TABLET DR
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A week
How effective is this medicine?