Medicine Overview of Adequet Tablet SR
Side effects of Adequet Tablet SR
Headache, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dizziness, Decreased haemoglobin level in blood, Weight gain, Increased triglyceride level in blood.
How to use Adequet Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Adequet 300mg Tablet SR is to be taken empty stomach.
How Adequet Tablet SR works
Adequet 300mg tablet sr is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Adequet Tablet SR
Expert advice for Adequet Tablet SR
- Do not take quetiapine if you have allergy to quetiapine or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do check your weight at regular intervals as quetiapine is known to cause weight gain.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machines unless you know how quetiapine affect you; this is because quetiapine is known cause sleepiness.
- Do not stop quetiapine abruptly; do inform your doctor as he/she would decide and reduce the dose gradually for 1 to 2 weeks before stopping.
- Do get your blood checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor, as many of the side-effects of quetiapine are noted only when a blood test is done.
- Do inform your doctor if you are going for urine drug screening. This is because your urine may cause positive results for methadone or certain drugs for depression called tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) when some test methods are used, even though you may not be taking methadone or TCAs. Hence, a different test method may be used for you.
- Take special precaution if you suffer from have ever suffered any brain damage or coma, epilepsy or convulsions; muscle weakness (a disease called myasthenia gravis).
- Take special precaution while taking quetiapine if you observe symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a combination of fever, severe muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness); long-lasting and painful erection (priapism); uncontrollable movements (mainly of your face or tongue), fits, suicidal thoughts, or dizziness.
- Quetiapine is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Special precautions for Adequet 300mg Tablet SR
Adequet 300mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Adequet 300mg Tablet SR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Adequet 300mg Tablet SR is probably usafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Adequet 300mg Tablet SR may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Adequet 300mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use in patients+more
with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Adequet 300mg Tablet SR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Adequet 300mg Tablet SR should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Adequet 300mg Tablet SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Itragreat 200mg Capsule, Itragreat 100mg Capsule, Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Adequet 300mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Quetiapine
Q. Can I take Seroquel for sleep/ anxiety?
No, Seroquel is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia, mania, depression associated with bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder
Q. Can I take Seroquel forever?
No, you should take Seroquel as prescribed your doctor
Yes, Seroquel is the trade name for the active ingredient Adequet
Adequet is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
No, Adequet is not a narcotic/ Benzo/ Benzodiazepine; it belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent
Adequet is not a sedative drug; however, sedation is a known side effect of this drug
No, Adequet is not an addictive drug
No, Adequet belongs to a group of medications called antipsychotic agent.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Adequet 300mg Tablet SR: SAT, GPT, DHR, AGT, AYU, ZVP, ADT, AAY, DYG, EMB, SBL, NWP, GTK, RKS, HIP, IPL, JMJ, RHW, ARD, GBL, SWA, NDP, SJP, RSS, ATL, MSD, OHM, RPP, NNH, SAF, IAD, PLT, BTM, SHP, FGH, WSI, DLP, OWP, 9T9, RJH, MMS, DDR, SBA, MOM, HGI, AVN, OLT, BLP, AAR, BDN, LCC, ATP, PSP, KHH, HEX, HRV, GTC, PPR, INC, GNC, SHM, EQN, MAK, STA, DPP, BMJ, RUS, OIP, USF, PNT, PTS, NVY, BSN, NVL, MAX, MPC, LHA, PEN, BIO, SDM, ENP, RSA, HBV, DFP, SSA, XPS, JIV, JVN, DEL, MAM
Substitutes for Adequet Tablet SR
Qutipin 300mg Tablet SR
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Q-Mind 300mg Tablet SR
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Qutan 300mg Tablet SR
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ES-Que 300mg Tablet SR
Qtripril 300mg Tablet SR
Arinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd