food interaction for ACYCLOVIR
alcohol interaction for ACYCLOVIR
pregnancy interaction for ACYCLOVIR
lactation interaction for ACYCLOVIR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ACYCLOVIR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ACYCLOVIR TABLET DT
Patients taking ACYCLOVIR TABLET DT
- 29%Four Times A Day
- 29%Twice A Day
- 29%Once A Day
- 14%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ACYCLOVIR
- ACIVIR 800 MG TABLET DT(5 tablet dt in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 35.20/tablet dtRs. 176pay 399% more per tablet dt
- OCUVIR 800MG TABLET DT(5 tablet dt in strip)FDC LtdRs. 28.80/tablet dtRs. 144pay 308% more per tablet dt
- HERPESAFE 800 MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 15.40/tablet dtRs. 154pay 118% more per tablet dt
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for ACYCLOVIR
- Do not drive or operate machines if you feel drowsy after taking acyclovir
- Do consult your doctor before taking acyclovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Do consult your doctor before taking acyclovir if you are breast-feeding
- Take acyclovir as directed by your doctor during pregnancy to prevent genital herpes blisters. The infection may be passed on to the baby during childbirth if you develop genital blisters.
- Kidney problems
- Weak immune system (immunocompromised)
- Breathing difficulties
- Nervous disorder
- Abnormal levels of salts (electrolytes) in blood
Frequently asked questions for ACYCLOVIR
Q.Is dydrogesterone same as progesterone?
No. Dydrogesterone is an artificially synthesized drug which is very similar to the naturally produced female hormone progesterone. Its action in the body is closely related to progesterone
Q.Is dydrogesterone safe?
Yes. Dydrogesterone is safe if used at the prescribed does for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is dydrogesterone banned in USA?
No dydrogesterone is not banned by the US FDA (US- Food and Drug Administration)
Q.Is dydrogesterone a steroid?
Yes. Dydrogesterone has steroidal chemical structure which is very similar to the naturally produced steroidal female hormone progesterone
Q.Dydrogesterone is used for?
Dydrogesterone is used to treat conditions associated with low levels of female hormone progesterone. It may also be used in combination with estrogen drugs as a hormone replacement therapy in females at menopause (the time in a woman's life when her menstrual periods stop)
Q.Does dydrogesterone delay periods?
Yes. Delayed, irregular, painful and heavy menstrual periods are among the common side effects of dydrogesterone
Q.How does dydrogesterone work?
Dydrogesterone works by replacing female hormone progesterone in conditions where the body fails to produce sufficient amounts.