food interaction for ACTON
alcohol interaction for ACTON
pregnancy interaction for ACTON
lactation interaction for ACTON
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ACTON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ACTON
- ACTON PROLONGATUM 60IU INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Ferring PharmaceuticalsRs. 358.81/ML of injectionRs. 1794.03pay 14% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR ACTON
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems), diarrhoea, myasthenia gravis (periodic muscle weakness), low thyroid level, liver cirrhosis (chronic liver disease), patients with risk of osteoporosis (porous and thin bones), have measles, tuberculosis, chickenpox or shingles.
- Seek medical advice if you suffer from high blood pressure, salt and water retention, signs of infection, heart or gastrointestinal problem after taking corticotropin.
- Take precautions while withdrawing from corticotropin therapy as you may develop the symptoms of Cushing syndrome (fatigue, loss of appetite, lethargy, weakness, low blood pressure, abdominal pain).
- Do not take any vaccines during corticotropin treatment.
- Do not stop corticotropin treatment abruptly and without consulting your doctor. Do not use corticotropin longer than prescribed.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ACTON
Q. Is corticotropin a steroid, cortisol?
Corticotropin is not a steroid or cortisol
Q. Corticotropin is another name for?
Corticotropin is another name for adrenocorticotropic hormone
Q. Why is corticotropin administered?
Corticotropin is administered to treat infantile spasm (severe fits syndrome) in infants and children under 2 years of age and multiple sclerosis (damaged insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord) in adults. It is also used to treat breathing, blood, arthritis, endocrine, skin or eye problems, bowel inflammation or certain cancers