food interaction for ACOSTIN FORTE
alcohol interaction for ACOSTIN FORTE
pregnancy interaction for ACOSTIN FORTE
lactation interaction for ACOSTIN FORTE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ACOSTIN FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ACOSTIN FORTE
- COLY MONAS 2000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1738/injectionRs. 1738pay 20% more per injection
- ZOLINEG 2000000IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sanofi India LtdRs. 1670/ML of injectionRs. 1670pay 15% more per ML of injection
- ICL 2000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 1405/injectionRs. 1405save 3% more per injection
- COLINEM FORTE 2000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1375/injectionRs. 1375save 5% more per injection
- KOOLISTIN 2000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)BioconRs. 1450/injectionRs. 1450same price
Expert advice FOR ACOSTIN FORTE
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ACOSTIN FORTE
Q. Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q. Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q. Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.