food interaction for ACNESTAR
alcohol interaction for ACNESTAR
pregnancy interaction for ACNESTAR
lactation interaction for ACNESTAR
SALT INFORMATION for ACNESTAR
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ACNESTAR 1% W/W/4% W/W GEL
Patients taking ACNESTAR 1% W/W/4% W/W GEL
- 75%Once A Day
- 17%Twice A Day
- 8%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ACNESTAR
- FACECLIN 1% W/W/4% W/W GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Abbott India LtdRs. 6.50/GM of gelRs. 130pay 39% more per GM of gel
- FEMCINOL A 1% W/W/4% W/W GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Dabur India LtdRs. 5.40/GM of gelRs. 108pay 16% more per GM of gel
- GLOCIN GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Glowderma Labs Pvt LtdRs. 6.15/GM of gelRs. 123pay 32% more per GM of gel
- NILAC GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Micro Labs LtdRs. 5.95/GM of gelRs. 119pay 27% more per GM of gel
- FEMCINOL A 1% W/W/4% W/W GEL(10 GM gel in tube)Dabur India LtdRs. 10.80/GM of gelRs. 108pay 131% more per GM of gel
- Dr. Pooja AggarwalMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for ACNESTAR
- Discontinue use of topical clindamycin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
- Clindamycin cream contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using clindamycin cream.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation).
Frequently asked questions for ACNESTAR
Q.Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q.Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q.Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.
Q.Is nicotinamide safe?
Nicotinamide is safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does nicotinamide contain nicotine?
No. Nicotinamide in no way contain nicotine. Nicotinamide is amide form of nicotinic acid and used to treat skin diseases like acne and pellagra
Q.Is nicotinamide good for acne?
Yes. Nicotinamide when taken along with zinc and folic acid is a good treatment of acne
Q.Is nicotinamide the same as niacin?
No. Nicotinamide is an amide form of nicotinic acid
Q.Is nicotinamide available over the counter?
Yes. Nicotinamide is available over the counter. However, please consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Does nicotinamide cause flushing?
In case of overdose, nicotinamide may cause flushing or rash. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration.