food interaction for ACIVIR
alcohol interaction for ACIVIR
pregnancy interaction for ACIVIR
lactation interaction for ACIVIR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ACIVIR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ACIVIR 5% W/W CREAM
Patients taking ACIVIR 5% W/W CREAM
- 64%Once A Day
- 27%Twice A Day
- 9%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ACIVIR
- HERPEX - 5% CREAM(5 GM cream in tube)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.29/GM of creamRs. 56.45pay 13% more per GM of cream
- OCUVIR SKIN 5% CREAM(5 GM cream in tube)FDC LtdRs. 9.96/GM of creamRs. 49.80same price
- ZOSTER 5%W/W CREAM(5 GM cream in tube)Leeford Healthcare LtdRs. 3/GM of creamRs. 15save 70% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ACIVIR
- Wash your hands before and after using acyclovir cream. Wash and dry the affected area before applying the cream/ointment.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor before using acyclovir topical, if you have conditions that can make your immune system weak such as HIV, AIDS or bone marrow transplantation.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to acyclovir or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for ACIVIR
Q.Is acyclovir topical effective?
Acyclovir topical is an antiviral drug used to treat infections caused by herpes simplex virus. It is effective if used as advised by your doctor. The effectiveness of acyclovir may vary upon individual response
Q.Is Acivir cream same as acyclovir cream?
Acivir is a trade name for active drug acyclovir
Q.Is Zovirax a steroid?
Zovirax is a trade name for active drug acyclovir. It is not a steroid.