Medicine Overview of Acipicap Capsule
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Gastrointestinal discomfort, Rash.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Acipicap 250mg Capsule is to be taken with food.
Acipimox is a niacin derivative that acts by reducing high levels of fats called triglycerides in blood.
In Depth Information on Acipicap Capsule
- Acipimox is not effective for all lipid disorders and should not be taken to prevent heart disease.
- Acipimox is for long term use; blood tests should be performed at regular intervals to monitor your condition while you are on this therapy.
- Before taking acipimox, make sure that you have made lifestyle changes such as intake of low cholesterol and low-fat diets, exercise and weight loss, cessation of alcohol etc.
- Tell your doctor if you have a stomach or gut ulcer or severe kidney problem or if you are taking any other lipid lowering agents. Caution should be taken if acipimox is used in combination with statins (e.g. simvastatin) or fibrates (e.g. clofibrate).
- Acipimox may cause unexplained muscle pain, muscle tenderness or muscle weakness. Stop taking this medicine and consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Acipicap Capsule related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Acipicap 250mg Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Acipicap 250mg Capsule during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
Acipicap 250mg Capsule does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Acipicap 250mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Acipicap 250mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
use of Acipicap 250mg Capsule is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease. Regular monitoring of kidney function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Acipicap 250mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Acipicap 250mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Acipicap 250mg Capsule: STA, RPI, JVN, BMJ, HTS, VNS, DPL, MLC, OHM, SLN, HIP, RKS, HSP, MPC, PWN, TNH, ATP, ENP, RDH, OLT, AYU, FGH, TFP, NXG, HPC, SGC, BAP, JIV, DFP, DAO, QTM, MMS, PTI, SHP, ANT, MSD, LHA, RDR, GPT, ARD, RWP, UMP, RJH, NSL, SHC, CLT, HAT, QLF, BSN, SWP, OWP, USF, SBL, TRP, AAR, TOM, GTK, PLT, GBL, DLP, HZF, NDP, RSS, PEN, RHL, WSI, SCH, GHR, GTC, LCC, SGH, HMP, NTB, RUS, JVO, BAL, NVL, PPR, P2P, HBV, HEX, PVP, AYM, HGI, EQN, SJP, SAF, RPP, EVP, BTM, DVH, SDM, VRS, ABP, ATL, NNH, SBA, AAY, 9T9, THP, PMA, SHD, DHR, NVY, BHP, KHH, MDH, MAK, ZVP, RSA, SVH, DPP, RHW, SRG, SYN, MAX, ADT, PNT, IPL, NAS, OIP, PRN, MDO, MAM, GNC, INC, AGT, BBS, AMR, KHC, DGN, HNP, EMB, ESY, ZEL, VDH, GPP, SSA, WHL, BHM, SWA, BLE, IAD, BIO, BDN, JSL, KMC, DYG