Medicine Overview of Acipicap Capsule
Uses of Acipicap Capsule
Acipicap 250mg Capsule is used in the treatment of increased cholesterol levels in blood.
Side effects of Acipicap Capsule
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Gastrointestinal discomfort, Rash.
How to use Acipicap Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Acipicap 250mg Capsule with food.
How Acipicap Capsule works
Acipimox is a niacin derivative that acts by reducing high levels of fats called triglycerides in blood..
In Depth Information on Acipicap Capsule
Expert advice for Acipicap Capsule
- Acipimox is not effective for all lipid disorders and should not be taken to prevent heart disease.
- Acipimox is for long term use; blood tests should be performed at regular intervals to monitor your condition while you are on this therapy.
- Before taking acipimox, make sure that you have made lifestyle changes such as intake of low cholesterol and low-fat diets, exercise and weight loss, cessation of alcohol etc.
- Tell your doctor if you have a stomach or gut ulcer or severe kidney problem or if you are taking any other lipid lowering agents. Caution should be taken if acipimox is used in combination with statins (e.g. simvastatin) or fibrates (e.g. clofibrate).
- Acipimox may cause unexplained muscle pain, muscle tenderness or muscle weakness. Stop taking this medicine and consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Special precautions for Acipicap 250mg Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Acipicap 250mg Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Acipicap 250mg Capsule is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Acipicap 250mg Capsule does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Acipicap 250mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment....
Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Acipicap 250mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Acipimox
Acipicap treats lipid disorders by reducing high blood levels of fats called triglycerides.
Substitutes for Acipicap
No substitutes found for this medicine