food interaction for ACAMPROL
alcohol interaction for ACAMPROL
pregnancy interaction for ACAMPROL
lactation interaction for ACAMPROL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ACAMPROL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ACAMPROL 333 MG TABLET
Patients taking ACAMPROL 333 MG TABLET
- 56%Thrice A Day
- 18%Twice A Day
- 18%Once A Day
- 9%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for ACAMPROL
Expert advice for ACAMPROL
- You should not be drinking at the start and during acamprosate treatment as it will be less effective if you keep drinking.
- When you suddenly stop drinking, you may experience some unpleasant symptoms known as alcohol withdrawal syndrome. You should take acamprosate as soon as possible after the withdrawal period.
- Alcoholic patients may suffer from depression and suicidality. Please report your treating doctor in case of any such symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before stopping to take acamprosate.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ACAMPROL
Q.Is acamprosate addictive/ is acamprosate a narcotic?
Acamprosate is not addictive when given at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Acamprosate is a calcium acetylhomotaurinate and not a narcotic
Q.Is acamprosate effective?
Acamprosate is effective if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is acamprosate a placebo?
Acamprosate is a drug and not a placebo
Q.What is acamprosate/What is acamprosate calcium used for?
Acamprosate or acamprosate calcium along with counselling is used as a therapy to maintain the practice of avoiding alcohol drinking again in people who are alcohol dependent
Q.Does acamprosate get you high/ make you drowsy/ cause weight gain?
These side effects are rare or uncommon with acamprosate treatment. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking acamprosate immediately.