food interaction for AB FLO N
alcohol interaction for AB FLO N
pregnancy interaction for AB FLO N
lactation interaction for AB FLO N
SALT INFORMATION FOR AB FLO N
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AB FLO N
- PULMOCLEAR 100 MG/600 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 13/tabletRs. 130save 4% more per tablet
- ABIWAYS 100 MG/600 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 10.88/tabletRs. 108.77save 19% more per tablet
- BROCLEAR TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.90/tabletRs. 139pay 3% more per tablet
- EFFENAC AB TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115save 15% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR AB FLO N
- Acebrophylline should be preferably taken after meals to avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Inform your doctor if you are on therapy with other medications such as frusimide, reserpine, barbiturates or phenytoin.
- Inform your doctor if you have any nervous system disorders like epilepsy and are taking any therapy for the same.
- Inform your doctor if you are a smoker.
- Inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR AB FLO N
Q. What is acebrophylline used for?
Acebrophylline is used to treat symptoms of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It blocks the intracellular enzyme (phosphodiesterases) followed by increase in level of messenger known as cyclic adenosine monophosphate, which promotes relaxation of bronchial muscles
Q. How does it work?
It inhibits the release of certain inflammatory chemicals (leukotrienes, tumor necrosis factor etc) in the lung thereby preventing inflammation in the lung. It also reduces thickness of the mucus thus making it easy for the patient to clear the mucus load
Q. Is acebrophylline an antibiotic or steroid?
No. Acebrophylline is not an antibiotic or steroid
Q. What is acebrophylline capsule?
Acebrophylline is available in capsule dosage form for the treatment of adults suffering from bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Q. What are n acetyl cysteine/Fourts-B/Mucinac 600 mg/Mucinac/Nefrosave/Nefrosave Forte used for?
These are brand names of acetyl cysteine. Nefrosave/Nefrosave Forte is used for the treatment of liver toxicity due to paracetamol overdose; Mucinac 600 mg/Mucinac/are used to thin and loosen the mucus in the airway due to certain lung diseases. Fourt-B is combination of acetyl cysteine and multivitamins, and is used for both treatment of paracetamol overdose and in acute cough with excessive or viscous mucus
Q. What is Nacfil Forte/Nacfil/Ovacare Forte used for?
Nacfil Forte/Nacfil/Ovacare Forte contains acetyl cysteine, but it is used for the treatment of certain lung diseases. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does n-acetyl cysteine increase glutathione?
Yes, n-acetyl cysteine increases glutathione
Q. Does n-acetyl cysteine cause weight gain?
N-acetyl cysteine causing this side effect is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. How does n-acetyl cysteine work?
n-Acetyl cysteine works as antidote by reducing liver toxicity of NAPQI (n-acetyl-p-benzo-quinoneimine), a metabolic substance that is produced following high dose of paracetamol. It also helps in thinning the mucus which helps in clearing the mucus from the lungs.