food interaction for 3 CEF
alcohol interaction for 3 CEF
pregnancy interaction for 3 CEF
lactation interaction for 3 CEF
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for 3 CEF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for 3 CEF
- REFZIL O 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 49.25/tabletRs. 492.50pay 70% more per tablet
- ZEMETRIL 250 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 47.39/tabletRs. 284.35pay 63% more per tablet
- ORPROZIL 250MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29/tabletRs. 116same price
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for 3 CEF
- Do not stop taking cefprozil even if you feel better as doing so may not clear infection completely.
- You may experience diarrhea after starting with this antibiotic, do not stop the medications without consulting your doctor.
- Take precautions if you have any kidney problems or are on diuretics, or have any gastrointestinal disease (colitis).
- Inform your doctor about the use of cefprozil as it may interfere with certain lab test results.
- Take precautions while taking cefprozil with aminoglycoside antibiotics and cephalosporin antibiotics as it may cause kidney toxicity.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for 3 CEF
Q.Is cefprozil same as penicillin/ or related to penicillin or contain penicillin?
Beta-lactam group of antibiotics and cross sensitivity has been demonstrated
Q.Is cefprozil a sulfa based drug?
No, cefprozil is not a sulpha based drug
Q.Is cefprozil stronger than amoxicillin?
Such comparisons between antibiotics cannot be drawn as these medicines are used for different indications depending on the doctor's clinical experience
Q.Is cefprozil used for strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis?
Yes, cefprozil is prescribed for strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis
Q.Can I take tylenol (paracetamol), advil (ibuprofen), Nyquil (cold and flu medication), mucinex (guaifenesin), and benadryl with cefprozil?
There are no known drug interaction of cefprozil with tylenol (paracetamol), advil (ibuprofen), Nyquil (cold and flu medication), mucinex (guaifenesin) and benadryl
Q.Does cefprozil treat urinary tract infections (UTI)?
No, cefprozil is mainly indicated for respiratory tract infections caused by susceptible bacteria
Q.Does cefprozil interfere with birth control?
No, there no known effects of cefprozil on birth control
Q.Does cefprozil make you tired?
Yes, cefprozil may make you feel tired and sleepy.